Country star Granger Smith announces his departure from music to serve God

 


Granger Smith, a popular country singer and songwriter, has revealed that he is quitting the music industry to dedicate his life to ministry. The 42-year-old made the announcement on his social media on Tuesday, saying that he felt a “strong desire” to serve God and his local church.


Smith said that he has been attending Southern Baptist Seminary and learning from his pastors and elders. He said that he wanted to “glorify God the best way that I can” and that he could not reconcile his music career with his faith.


“This message is so difficult to post. The words for this caption are so hard to find,” Smith wrote. “Not because I don’t believe in the truth of them, but because this marks the end of the longest era in my life! Touring…24 years of it.”


Smith said that he will finish his “Like A River” tour this summer, which is named after his son River, who died at the age of 3 in 2019 after a drowning accident. Smith said that his son’s death was a turning point in his life and that he wrote a book about his grief journey, which will be released on August 1.


The book, titled “Like A River: Finding the Faith and Strength to Move Forward After Loss and Heartache”, will share Smith’s story of losing his son and finding hope and healing in God. Smith said that he wanted to help others who are hurting with his book.


“I want the information that I learned to be available to anyone that is hurting,” Smith said. “Will you read it? Will you send this to a friend that needs it? I really hope you do.”


Smith thanked his fans and his family for their support and said that he was excited and joyful about the next chapter of his life. He also said that he did not know what it would look like, but that he trusted God’s plan for him.


“I am so encouraged and hopeful and excited and joyful about the next chapter, but to a large extent, I have no idea what it will look like,” Smith wrote. “I just want to glorify God the best way that I can.”